The 1977 short story "The Education of Mingo" comically deconstructs Hegel's master-slave dialectic by replacing it with a gender binary that denies women, black and white, the subjectivity that it achieves for black men.
What does M-S stand for?
M-S stands for Master-Slave
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of M-S
We have 346 other meanings of M-S in our Acronym Attic
- M-ary Phase-Shift Keying
- Multi-Level Quadrature Amplitude Modulation
- Matched Quantized Decision Feedback
- Mobile Quality of Service
- Multicast Radio Access Bearer
- Multiservices-Remote Access Solution (Newbridge)
- Midwest Renewable Energy Tracking System
- Minority-Research Infrastructure Support Program (NIH)
- Multidimensional Case of Reduced-State Sequence Estimator
- Multicast Routing Table Manager
- Mid-Side (stereo recording technique)
- Miznay-Shardin (mine plate charge)
- Mobile Supply Chain Management Systems
- Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act
- Marine-Sierra Hotel Aviation Readiness Program
- Multi-Level Expansion Sparse-Matrix Canonical Grid
- Modified Soft-Output Viterbi Algorithm
- Modular Specification System
- Modular Specifications
Samples in periodicals archive:
For Robinson, the master-slave relation served as the linchpin of antebellum southern society, the decisive force behind secessionism, and the conservative dynamic that powered an evolving southern nationalism.
The master-slave dynamic, with its many variations, never ceased to fascinate and terrify Butler; she continually considered how power imbalances limit individuals' choices and identities.
My work is an exploration of the master-slave dialectic in Hegel, and it's firmly rooted in the classical Western tradition" says Yegge.
However, the strength of this book is his analysis of the social and economic relations in the South beyond the master-slave divide.
The most common use of master-slave in PCs is the identification of hard drives, where you can have a primary-master, primary-slave, secondary-master and secondary-slave.
Medicine and health strike at the heart of the master-slave relation.