In 2011 the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination ruled in favor of two Worcester police officers who had filed suit after they were denied promotions to sergeant.
What does MCAD stand for?
MCAD stands for Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MCAD
We have 43 other meanings of MCAD in our Acronym Attic
- Montgomery County Arts and Cultural District (Ohio)
- Microcomputer Aided Cost Engineering System
- Microcomputer Aided Cost Estimating System
- Mohawk College Association of Continuing Education Students (Canada)
- Mechanical Contractors Association of Central Ohio (Columbus, OH)
- Masonry Contractors Association of Central Pennsylvania (Elysburg, PA)
- Massachusetts Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (Beverly, MA)
- Michigan Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (est. 1951)
- Macon County Ambulance District (Macon, MO)
- Marine Corps Air Depot (US DoD)
- Maximum-Connection-Availability Design
- Mechanical Computer Aided Design
- Medium-Chain Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase (inherited metabolic disease)
- Microsoft Certified Application Designer
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer
- Military Crew Advisor
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design (Minneapolis, MN, USA)
- Mobile Chemical Agent Detector
- Montgomery County Appraisal District (Montgomery County, Texas)
- Mercer Council on Alcoholism and Drug Addiction (New Jersey)
Samples in periodicals archive:
She later interned with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and Planned Parenthood.
RELATED ARTICLE: Supportive states These are the nine states with nondiscrimination laws that cover sexual orientation in the workplace, along with the agency that enforces such laws and a number to file complaints California State Labor Commissioner (916) 323-4920 on Sacramento; check for local offices statewide Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (860) 541-3400 Hawaii Civil Rights Commission (808) 586-8636 Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (617) 727-3990 Minnesota Department of Human Rights (612) 296-5663 New Jersey Division on Civil Rights (6.
Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination spokeswoman Barbara Green said same-sex marriage is legal in Massachusetts and if the commission were to receive a complaint from someone who was denied the opportunity to rent the function hall for a gay wedding or reception, while it could be rented for heterosexual weddings, it would investigate and adjudicate the matter.