0] is the intensity of the radiation beam before passing through the mat (counts/s), [mu] is the mass attenuation coefficient of the mat ([cm.
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Mass Attenuation Coefficient
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Mark McGwire (baseball player)
- Market Access and Compliance (US Department of Commerce)
- Marketing Advisory Committee
- Marketing Association of Columbia (Columbia University; New York)
- Martial Arts Club (various organizations)
- Marubeni America Corporation (Marubeni Corporation)
- Mary Andrews College (Australia)
- Maryland Athletic Club
- Masonry Advisory Council
- Mass Accelerator Cannon (gaming, Halo weaponry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 2 OMITTED] The mass attenuation coefficients for soil and water were 0.
Hubbell, Tables and Graphs of Photon Mass Attenuation Coefficients and Mass Energy-Absorption Coefficients for Photon Energies 1 keV to 20 MeV for Elements Z = 1 to 92 and Some Dosimetric Materials, Publication of the Japanese Society of Radiological Technology, ISSN 1340-7716 (1995); also as J.