ChemCam's laser zapping of this particular rock was the first time the team used Curiosity's arm-mounted Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) camera to try and capture images of the spark generated by the laser hitting a rock on Mars.
What does MAHLI stand for?
MAHLI stands for Mars Hand Lens Imager (US NASA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Medical and Health Incident Management System
- Masehi Advent Hari Ketujuh (Indonesia, Seventh Day Adventist)
- Massachusetts Action for Healthy Kids (est. 2002)
- Maastricht Aachen Hasselt Liège (major ciies of the Meuse-Rhine)
- Master of Arts in Hebrew Literature/Letters
- Maximum Allowable Headworks Loading
- Mid America Hockey League (various locations)
- Midland Amateur Hockey League (Midland, Michigan)
- Milwaukee Area Home Learners (Milwaukee, WI)
- Medical and Health Librarians Association of the Philippines
- Middle and High Latitudes Oceanic Variability Study
- Martial Arts History Museum (Santa Clarita, CA)
- Maryland Association of History Museums (Baltimore, MD)
- Midwest Affordable Housing Management Association
- Manhattan Area Homeschoolers Network (Manhattan, KS)
- Mobile Ad Hoc Network
- Malaysian Association of Hotel Owners (est. 1998; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Michigan Association of Housing Officals
- Mobile Assisted Hand Off (TDMA)
- Gemeinde Matzendorf-Hölles (Austria)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Washington, December 21 ( ANI ): Photographs obtained from Curiosity's robotic arm-mounted Mars Hand Lens Imager have shown marked wear and tear on the rover's front left wheel.
Researchers have used the rover's Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) to examine sedimentary rocks in the area.
The Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) camera is mounted to a robotic arm on the rover and is used to acquire microscopic images of rock and soil.
The researchers are exploring the use of this algorithm to quantify grain sizes in the images from the Mars Exploration Rovers Microscopic Imager (MI) as well as Curiosity's Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI).
The full-color picture -- which shows Curiosity in a desert-like environment surrounded by its own tire tracks -- is actually a mosaic of dozens of high-resolution images taken by a camera located on the rover's robotic arm, called the Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI).
Curiosity's APXS instrument and the Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) camera on the rover's arm confirmed Rocknest has chemical-element composition and textural appearance similar to sites visited by earlier NASA Mars rovers Pathfinder, Spirit and Opportunity.
company, designed the Mastcam imaging system that functions as Curiosity's eye, as well as the Mars Hand Lens Imager and Mars Descent Imager.