After 8 years of relaying pictures, topographic maps, magnetic field data, and compositional information from above the Red Planet, NASA's Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft appears to have called it quits.
What does MGS stand for?
MGS stands for Mars Global Surveyor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MGS
We have 172 other meanings of MGS in our Acronym Attic
- Machine Gun System
- Magnesium Sulfide
- Magnetschwebebahn (German: Magnetic Hovercraft Railway)
- Maidstone Grammar School (UK)
- Malaysian Government Securities
- Manchester Grammar School
- Manitoba Genealogical Society (Canada)
- Marine Geophysical Survey
- Marine Graphics System
- Marriott Global Source
- Maryland Geological Survey
- Master Gunnery Sergeant (USMC)
- Master of Gerontological Studies (Miami University; Ohio)
- Mat Ground Surfacing
- Matching Grant Scheme (various organizations)
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- McMurdo Ground Station
- Meckel-Gruber Syndrome
- Medical Gas Services (Phoenix, AZ)
- Mediterranean Garden Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft, which has orbited the Red Planet since 1997, has captured images of two other emissaries from Earth.
Close-up photos from orbiting Mars Global Surveyor clearly show gullies--trenches chiseled by water--that were probably formed by liquid water seeping right beneath the Martian surface, explains NASA researcher Michael Malin.