The Council for Higher Education has approved the establishment and construction of a maritime and shipping college at the university, with a maritime science college devoted to specialized, science-based maritime studies.
What does MAST stand for?
MAST stands for Maritime Studies (journal; Center for Maritime Research; Netherlands)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MAST
We have 109 other meanings of MAST in our Acronym Attic
- Marine Academy of Science and Technology
- Marine and Science Technology
- Marine Aquarium Society of Toronto (Canada)
- Marine Atmosphere Science and Technology
- Marine Science and Technology
- Marine Stramenopile (cell biology)
- Maritime Analysis Support Team (US Coast Guard)
- Maritime and Science Technology High School
- Maritime Archeology Survey Techniques
- Maritime Security and Strategic Toolkit (US FEMA)
- Maryland Advanced Speakers Toastmasters
- Massachusetts Association of Science Teachers
- Mathematics and Science Teacher (various schools)
- Maximum Allowable Stem Torque (ball valves)
- Mean Annual Soil Temperature
- Measures Affecting Services Trade (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development)
- Media Arts, Science, and Technology
- Medical Anti-Shock Trousers
- Medical Augmentation Support Team
- Mediterranean Association of Sustainable Tourism
Samples in periodicals archive:
The three-year Arcdoc project, funded by the Leverhulme Trust, is being led by Dr Dennis Wheeler from Sunderland Universityin collaboration with the Scott Polar Research Institute, The Met Office Hadley Research Centre and Hull University's Maritime Studies Unit.
Another MoU was signed between Lebanon's Centre of Research and Maritime Studies and the Tunisian Board of Merchant Navy and Ports (OMMP).
Goldstein, and Nan Li Newport, RI: Joint Publication of the China Maritime Studies Institute and The Naval Institute Press, 2010 530 pages $47.
This came in a statement made by al-Aridi to Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) during a ceremony on the occasion of choosing the city of Tripoli as center for Maritime Studies and Research.
The book consists of revised and updated papers from a December 2008 conference sponsored by the US Naval War College's China Maritime Studies Institute, plus invited new papers, written by technical specialists in the US Air Force, US Navy operators, and regional experts.
OSC has up to now sponsored a total of 81 cadets for specialized maritime studies leading to a Certificate of Competence in either Deck or Engineering.
Tung International Centre of Maritime Studies (CYT-ICMS) and the Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies (LMS) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), the third International Forum on Shipping, Ports, and Airports occurred on PolyU's main campus from May 24 to 27, 2009.