In 2006, the Secretary of Defense directed the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) to initiate a program to structure the Echelon II and III Numbered Fleet Headquarters around a Maritime Operations Center (MOC) design, and to develop the Navy's competence at the operational level of war (OLW).
What does MOC stand for?
MOC stands for Maritime Operations Center
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MOC
We have 227 other meanings of MOC in our Acronym Attic
- Major Oil Company
- Managed Object Class(es)
- Management and Operating Contractor
- Management Of Change
- Management Operating Committee
- Management Oversight Committee (various organizations)
- Managing Organizational Change
- Manual of Official Controls (UK)
- Marcos Owners Club (automobile club; UK)
- Margin of Control (criticality)
- Market On Close (commodity trading term)
- Marriage of Convenience (personal ads)
- Mars Observer Camera
- Mars Orbiter Camera
- Masculine of Center (gender identity)
- Massachusetts Oilheat Council
- Master of Ceremonies
- Master of Code (software development; various locations)
- Master Operational Computer
- Master Ordnance Configuration
Samples in periodicals archive:
This team has been used to help fleet headquarters develop and write their internal procedures as the Navy instituted its Maritime Operations Center (MOC) concept to define the people, processes, and equipment needed to command and control above the tactical level.
One of the strategic accomplishments was the successful implementation of the Maritime Operations Centers.
Underway events focused on maritime domain awareness and the automatic identification system including interaction between forces afloat and a maritime operations center ashore.
Articles detail the skill sets that Reserve officers bring to the fight, their engagement with Navy's Maritime Operations Centers, and how they deliver expeditionary logistics to support the warfighter where "the boots meet the ground.
However, this year TW 09 will take advantage of the installed networks and committed assets of 2nd Fleet, supported by Navy Warfare Development Command (NWDC), to examine Maritime Headquarters with Maritime Operations Center (MHQ w/MOC) operational-level processes under the Sea Trial experiment titled: Operational Level Command and Control (OLC2).
MHQ w/MOC," or Maritime Headquarters with Maritime Operations Center.