Muscat, Feb 11 (ONA)--- Sayyid Saud bin Hilal al-Busaidi, Minister of State and Governor of Muscat received in his office here today Vice Admiral Rinaldo Veri, Commander of the Allied Maritime Command at NATO accompanied by Rear Admiral Antonio Natale, Commander of the Italian Task Force "508" currently visiting the Sultanate.
What does MARCOM stand for?
MARCOM stands for Maritime Command (Canadian Department of National Defence)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MARCOM
We have 1 other meaning of MARCOM in our Acronym Attic
- Marine Corps Civil Information Management
- Mid-America Regional Council Insurance Trust
- Myristoylated Alanine-Rich C Kinase Substrate
- Mosaic Analysis with A Repressible Cell Marker (drosophila genetics)
- Maritime Consulting
- Massachusetts Association of Community Rehabilitation Organizations, Inc. (formerly MARF)
- Mayors and Regional Chairs of Ontario (Ontario, Canada)
- Microelectronics Advanced Research Corporation
- Monitoring and Reporting Community Outcomes (New Zealand)
- Multilevel Advanced Railways Conflict Resolution and Operation Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
On February 1, 1968, however, changes to the National Defence Act unified the Canadian Forces and created Maritime Command, Land Force Command and Air Command--ending the use of the names Royal Canadian Navy, Canadian Army and Royal Canadian Air Force.
The ship, which was in the clutches of Somali pirates for the last eight months, arrived late on Monday in the port of Salalah," said Eunavfor, an international maritime command which is fighting piracy in the region.
William Rompkey, who retired this year as a Liberal Senator, introduced a motion in 2010 to have the name of Maritime Command changed simply to the Canadian Navy.