The first Marine helicopter squadron, HMX-1, which later became known as the Presidential Helicopter Squadron, stood up and participated in combat operations during the earliest days of the Korean War.
What does HMX stand for?
HMX stands for Marine Helicopter Squadron
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HMX
- Have Money Will Vlog (website)
- High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle
- Cyclotetramethylenetetranitramine (CAS Number 2691-41-0)
- Hair Mechanix (hair salon)
- Heat Mass Exchanger (Coolerado Corp.)
- High Melting Explosive
- His/Her Majesty's Explosive
- Home Exchange
- Marine Helicopter Operational Development Squadron
- Octahydro-1,3,5,7-Tetranitro-1,3,5,7-Tetrazocine (CAS Number 2691-41-0)
- High-Mass X-Ray Binary
- Horace Mann Cross Country (Riverdale, New York, USA)
- High Mass X-Ray Binary (high energy astrophysics)
- Helicopter Maintenance Squadron (USAF)
- Her Majesty's Yacht
- Hope Mills Youth Association (North Carolina)
- Hayama Marina Yacht Club (Hayama, Japan)
- Hook Mountain Yacht Club (Nyack, NY)
- Her Majesty's Young Offenders Institution
Samples in periodicals archive:
In June 2004, the Dragons of Medium Marine Helicopter Squadron (HMM) 265 marked their 40th anniversary with the CH-46 Sea Knight.
Page 29: "Amphibious Assault Carriers and Marine Helicopter Squadrons (REIN), 2003"--Iwo Jima (LHD 7) HC-8 Det 7 vice Det 8.