However, very little is known about the area s underwater life, and there is no marine equivalent to the land park system.
What does MEQ stand for?
MEQ stands for Marine Equivalent (gaming)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MEQ
We have 17 other meanings of MEQ in our Acronym Attic
- Ministry of Energy and Public Utilities (various locations)
- Mono Fuel Emergency Power Unit (aviation)
- Ministry of Pre-University Education and Professional Training
- Mobil Exploration and Producing US, Inc. (Mobil Corp.)
- Middle East Placement Volunteers
- Ministry of Environment Protection and Water Management (Budapest, Hungary)
- Mactan Export Processing Zone (Philippines)
- Madras Export Processing Zone (India)
- Mauritius Export Processing Zone Association
- Marine Environmental Quality
- Married Enlisted Quarters
- Middle East Quarterly (journal; est. 1994)
- Ministere de l'Education du Quebec
- Mitsubishi Electric Quality
- Modified Essay Question
- Music Experience Questionnaire (psychology)
- Middle East Quality Association (Dubai, UAE)
- Minnesota Environmental Quality Board
- Marine Environmental Quality Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
Scottish farmed salmon is widely seen by switched-on consumers as the marine equivalent of the factory-farmed battery hen or broiler chicken.
It works for fish: Australian scientists found that some coral reef fish are protected from biting isopods, a marine equivalent of mosquitoes, by the blob of mucus the fish don each night.
We would not allow inexperienced motorists to drive down the M1 motorway, yet we allow the marine equivalent every day.
Building a concrete wall across the Severn Estuary to generate electricity would be our marine equivalent of clearing a rainforest to plant energy crops: a shortsighted choice we will ultimately regret.
Ian Sanderson, boss of XSMG, said: "The ultra-rich spend vast amounts on supercars but there was no marine equivalent, so we challenged ourselves to create one.
Even many who have heard about these transparent, jellylike creatures consider them a dead end in the ocean food web: They cruise around, vacuuming up microscopic plants, but don't get eaten by other animals, making them a marine equivalent of inedible cows.
The achievement would crown Martin's sailing career, which began at 14 before turning to operating an international moth on foils - the marine equivalent of a Formula One car - five years ago.