Earlier this week UK Transport Secretary Alistair Darling announced that islands off the Pembrokeshire coast, home to vulnerable wildlife, would become one of 32 Marine Environmental High Risk Areas around the UK.
What does MEHRA stand for?
MEHRA stands for Marine Environmental High Risk Areas (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of MEHRA in our Acronym Attic
- Meaningful, Emotional, Humanistic, Mathematical Experience (Eipiphiny Society)
- Mental Retardation, Epileptic Seizures, Hypogonadism and Hypogenitalism, Microcephaly, and Obesity
- Meridian Holdings
- Marine Ecosystem Health Program (now SeaDoc Society; University of California-Davis)
- Master of Education in the Health Professions (Johns Hopkins University)
- Model State Emergency Health Powers Act (CDC anti-bioterrorism draft law)
- Margaret E. Heggan Public Library (Hurffzille, NJ)
- Monomethyl Ether of Hydroquinone
- Mission for Establishment of Human Rights (California)
- Mid-Atlantic Environmental Hygiene Resource Center
- Modern European History Research Centre (UK)
- Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development (Korea)
- Milton and Ethel Harris Research Initiative (York University; Canada)
- Maximum Expected Hail Size (meteorology)
- Methodist English High School
- Metro East Humane Society (Edwardsville, IL)
- Metuchen-Edison Historical Society (Metuchen, NJ)
- Microsoft Exchange Hosted Services
- Mt Edgecumbe High School (Alaska)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He says his report, Safer Ships, Cleaner Seas, which recommends Marine Environmental High Risk Areas (MEHRAs), will protect the UK against another Braer.
Although they welcome the announcement last week by Transport Minister Lord Macdonald of a consultative process to look into the setting up of Marine Environmental High Risk Areas, they are concerned that this form of protection is not enough.