THE Government is letting moves to create marine conservation zones that protect the UK's seas and their wildlife "flounder", MPs warn today.
What does MCZ stand for?
MCZ stands for Marine Conservation Zone (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCZ
We have 6 other meanings of MCZ in our Acronym Attic
- Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (Singapore)
- Monroe County Youth Soccer, Inc. (Bloomington, IN)
- Montgomery County Youth Services (Conroe, TX)
- McHenry County Youth Sports Association (Illinois)
- Morris County Youth Soccer Association (New Jersey)
- Maricopa Council on Youth Sports and Physical Activity (Phoenix, AZ)
- Minecraft YouTube
- Ministerio de Ciencia Y Tecnologia (Spanish: Ministry of Science and Technology)
- Motor City Youth Theatre (Livonia, MI)
- Management Consulting Zurich (Zurich, Switzerland)
- Miedziowe Centrum Zdrowia (Polish: Copper Health Center; Poland)
- Momoiro Clover Z (Japanese female group)
- Museum of Comparative Zoology (Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- MySpace Content Zone (software product)
- Mystic Cave Zone (Sonic 2 level)
- Mid-Columbia Zymurgy Association (beer brewing; Washington)
- Mountain Cloud Zen Center (Santa Fe, NM)
- Museum of Comparative Zoology, Cambridge (Massachusetts)
- Ministry of Citizenship, Culture and Recreation (Canada)
- Many Center Zero Differential Overlap
Samples in periodicals archive:
The presentation of the petition coincided with the publication of a report, Securing the Benefits of the Marine Conservation Zone Network, commissioned by the Wildlife Trusts and produced by the Centre for Marine and Coastal Policy Research at Plymouth University.
Lancashire Wildlife Trust is pressing the government to make the 13km area from Formby Point to Crosby Beach one of 127 designated Marine Conservation Zones around the UK.
Establishing Marine Conservation Zones in Wales is long overdue and is a vital opportunity to protect our Welsh marine wildlife.
Representatives from Net Gain will be at the show with the latest information on Marine Conservation Zones, and the RNLI, Get Hooked, Angling Trust, Angling Development Board, Sea Safety and the Royal National Mission to Deep Sea Fishermen will also be on hand.
Wildlife Trust members know that our seas are abundant with amazing wildlife, however, much of our marine environment is under threat, and the Marine Conservation Zone Project needs your help to conserve this wildlife and protect our spectacular underwater landscapes.
ENGLAND'S first Marine Conservation Zone has been announced today.