Healy has been able to work in the marginal ice zone, and the ice zone itself, and has taken some great measurements of the United States' extended continental shelf areas beyond 200 miles off the North Alaskan coast.
What does MIZ stand for?
MIZ stands for Marginal Ice Zone
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MIZ
- Mason's Island Yacht Club (Mystic, CT)
- Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (program)
- Melaka International Youth Dialogue (conference; World Assembly of Youth; Melaka, Malaysia)
- Marin Interfaith Youth Outreach (San Rafael, CA)
- Marketing In Your Organisation (UK)
- Maximum Internal Yield Pressure (oil exploration)
- Money in Your Pocket
- Multiple Intelligential Yggdrasil Unit (anime)
- Make It Yourself With Wool (American Sheep Industry Association)
- Manoel Island Yacht Yard (Philippines)
- Metropolitan Influenced Zone (statistical classification; Canada)
- Mobile-Immobile-Zone (physical partitioning model)
- Multipoint Indicate Zero-Communication
- Museum and Institute of Zoology (Poland)
- Musikinformationszentrum (German: German Music Information Center)
- Marginal Ice Zone Experiment
- MBD2 (methyl-CpG binding domain protein 2)-Interacting Zinc Finger
- Marginal Ice Zone, Atlantic
- Moscow Izdatel Znanie Novoe Zhizni (journal)
- Marginal Ice Zone, Pacific
Samples in periodicals archive:
A sampling of topics: an inverse approach for airfoil design, stability of meridionally-flowing grounded abyssal currents in the ocean, macroscopic conservation equation based model for surface tension driven flow, new ways of fluidization in a centrifugal field, analytical investigation of ice floe drift in the marginal ice zone, numerical simulations of variable density starting jets, boiler safety improvement for safety controls utilizing flow measurement for input, and long axisymmetrical waves in a viscous ocean around a circular island.
The Marginal Ice Zone Experiment, called MIZEX, is helping scientists develop a comprehensive picture of the physical and biological interactions between ice, ocean and atmosphere at this boundary.