3) For the detection of DNA of Marek's disease virus (serotype 1), a real-time PCR protocol was used.
What does MDV stand for?
MDV stands for Marek's Disease Virus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MDV
We have 56 other meanings of MDV in our Acronym Attic
- Missing Data Units List
- Magnetic Dress-Up Playset (toy)
- MHS (Message Handling System) Directory User Package
- Machine Drawing Understanding System (mechanical engineering)
- Medium Data Utilization System
- Meter Data Unification & Synchronization (utilities)
- Medium Data Utilization System Replacement
- Mt Diablo Unified School District (California)
- Magic Deck Vortex (gaming)
- Maldives (ISO Country code)
- Marine Dealer Visitor
- Marine Digital Voice
- Master Diver (US Navy designation)
- Master Donor Virus
- Material Obligation Validation
- McMurdo Dry Valleys (snow-free valleys; Antarctica)
- Medical, Dental, Vision (healthcare benefits)
- Medizinischer Dienst des Verkehrswesens (DDR)
- Mesenteric Drained Viscera
- Mobile Digital Video (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Genetic mapping of Marek's disease virus induced tumors in F2 intercross chickens.
The disease was later found to be caused by several viruses, including avian leukosis virus (ALV) and Marek's disease virus.
Several novel criteria have been tested to assist in the differential diagnosis of tumors induced by Marek's disease virus (MDV) from those induced by avian leukosis virus (ALV) and reticuloendotheliosis virus (REV).