Louis (CL 49), when she returned to Mare Island Navy Yard for repairs to damage suffered in the Battle of Kula Gulf.
What does MINY stand for?
MINY stands for Mare Island Navy Yard (US Navy; California)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of MINY in our Acronym Attic
- United Nations Mission for the Referendum in Western Sahara
- Modular Integrated Utility System
- Misión de las Naciones Unidas en El Salvador (Spanish: United Nations Mission in El Salvador)
- Mission Multidimensionnelle Intégrée des Nations Unies pour La Stabilisation en Centrafrique (French: United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Central Africa)
- Mission des Nations Unies pour la Stabilisation en Haïti (French: United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti)
- Ministerio de Vivienda y Urbanismo (Chilean Housing and Urban Matters Ministry)
- Mine Warfare Association
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge (Titusville, Florida)
- Multigroup Interpretation of Nuclear X-Sections
- Multimedia Information Network Exchange
- Made in Oklahoma (food manufacturers coalition)
- Major Improvement Opportunities
- Management Information Office
- Management Integration Office
- Marine Inspection Office (US Coast Guard)
- Marine Interdiction Operations
- Marion (Amtrak station code; Marion, WI)
- Maritime Intercept Operation
- Maritime Interdiction Operations
- Material Integration Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ship went into the Mare Island Navy Yard in Vallejo on San Francisco Bay on 4 January, where workers erected a wood platform over the cruiser's stern.
At age 60, after being ordered to a backwater post as Commandant of the Mare Island Navy Yard, Reeves probably felt that he had made some enemies along the way and awaited the mandatory retirement age of 64.