In November, she was ordered as a disbursing officer for civilian rolls, Mare Island Naval Shipyard, Vallejo, California.
What does MINS stand for?
MINS stands for Mare Island Naval Shipyard
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MINS
We have 8 other meanings of MINS in our Acronym Attic
- Main Injector Neutrino Oscillation Search (nuclear physics)
- Mine Operating System (United Kingdom)
- Mouse Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase
- Micro-Integrated Intelligent Optical Sensor Systems
- MIIDS IDB; Navy Operations; Tactical and UB Resources
- Mt. Isarog National Park (Philippines)
- Mine Warfare Forces, Pacific
- Minimum Processing Time
- Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores (Cuban foreign ministry)
- Mine Squadron
- Marine Inertial Navigation System
- Marketing and Information Systems
- Minors in Need of Supervision
- Mushuau Innu Natuashish School (Canada)
- Center of Materials in Sensors and Actuators
- Ministerio de Salud (Spanish: Ministry of Health; Peru)
- Ministerio de Salud Publica (Cuban Ministry of Health)
- Minimum Planned Start Date
- Minimum Signal to Interference plus Noise Ratio
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our ship eventually returned to Alameda Naval Station and later moved to the Mare Island Naval Shipyard in Vallejo, CA, where it was eventually scrapped or sold.
Following a career that spanned nearly a quarter century of service--after 2,507 dives and more than 513,550 miles steamed--she was decommissioned March 3, 1980, at Mare Island Naval Shipyard, Vallejo, Calif.
COPING WITH UNCERTAINTY In 1979, Loretta Stewart was a single mother and part-time student at a local community college when she went to work at the Mare Island Naval Shipyard in Vallejo, Calif.
Your tour operator, the Mare Island Ferry Service, has shuttled workers to the Mare Island naval shipyard since 1854.
Nelson received orders as disbursing officer and assistant to the supply officer of the hospital ship USS Sanctuary (AH 17), which was undergoing major reconfiguration at Mare Island Naval Shipyard and redesignation as a dependent support ship.