And then we work for the utility companies that have manufactured gas plants, which are contaminated with a tarry, oily waste that is a legacy of the turn of the (19th) century when utilities used to create gas from coal to create gas for towns to use, for lights, for stoves.
What does MGP stand for?
MGP stands for Manufactured Gas Plant
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MGP
We have 112 other meanings of MGP in our Acronym Attic
- Measured Gas Over Temperature
- MGs on Track (car show)
- Mitochondrial Glutamic Oxaloacetic Transaminase
- Money Grows on Trees (clothing brand)
- Mackenzie Gas Project (Canada)
- Madd Gear Pro Scooter (Australia)
- Maitrise en Gestion de Projet (French: Master of Project Management; Canada)
- Makes Good Product (Taiwan Mangkao Enterprise Co, Ltd)
- Malam Gemilang Putra (Malaysian event)
- Managing General Partner
- Manx Grand Prix (Isle of Man motorcycle race)
- Marina de Guerra del Peru (Navy Military of Peru)
- Marshall Genuine Products (California)
- Maryland Green Party (political party)
- Maternal Grandparent (various organizations)
- Mathematics Genealogy Project (North Dakota State University)
- Matrix Gamma-Carboxyglutamic Acid
- Maximum Grilled Pirates (fantasy hockey league)
- Media Giraffe Project (est. 2005)
- Melodi Grand Prix (annual music competiton; Norway)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Korhan GE-mE-E-, an architect, said municipalities have openly proven that they are not fans of protecting the green in past projects where similar areas were turned into manufactured gas plants (MGPs), slaughterhouses and c Copyright 2012 Cihan News Agency.
The company used Open-path Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy dubbed the eye that never sleeps--to monitor air quality during a month-long remediation of a former manufactured gas plant (MFG) site.
We were interested in following this to determine if the same methods could be used to detect ongoing activity at older sites such as abandoned manufactured gas plants (MGPs) common in New Jersey.
5-acre park used to be the site of a manufactured gas plant.