Based on examination of Manhattan Engineer District microfilms and other sources, this paper will relate the story of the "Silver Program" from its inception in 1942 to the final return of the silver to the Treasury in 1970.
What does MED stand for?
MED stands for Manhattan Engineer District (Manhattan Project)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MED
We have 157 other meanings of MED in our Acronym Attic
- Main Event Championship Wrestling
- Marx/Engels Collected Works (books)
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Youth and Sports (East Timor)
- Macmillan Essential Dictionary
- Mad Elk Disease
- Main Entry Door (aircraft cabin)
- Maintenance Electrical Department
- Maintenance Engineering Directive
- Maison de l'Economie Développement
- Male Erectile Dysfunction
Samples in periodicals archive:
FAST FACT: The Manhattan Project was so named because early work was done by an Army Corps of Engineers unit of the Manhattan Engineer District based in New York.