Some of the best practices recommended for tokenisation include strong authentication and implementing mandatory access controls across the tokenisation system, whether for tokenising or de-tokenising data, as well as securing authentication credentials from unauthorised access or use.
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Mandatory Access Control
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Making Arizona Competitive
- Managed Account (finance)
- Management Access Conference (annual conference)
- Management Accounting Committee (various organizations)
- Management Action Center
- Management Ad Hoc Committee
- Management Advisory Committee
- Management Advisory Council (FAA)
- Management and Administrative Computing
- Manchester Athletic Club (Manchester, MA)
- Maneuver Area Command
- Manhattan Association of Cabarets and Clubs
- Maningrida Arts and Culture (Aboriginal arts organisation; Maningrida, Arnhem Land, Northern Territory)
- Manitoba Action Centre (Leaf Rapids, Manitoba, Canada)
- Manitoba Arts Council
- Manually Activated Call point (fire protection systems)
- Manufacturing Advisory Center
- Manufacturing Alliance of Connecticut
- Manufacturing Assistance Center (various locations)
- Mapping and Analysis Center (FEMA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
99) offers up the fundamentals of computer security, updating basics developed in the original edition and including concepts ranging from encryption systems and mandatory access control to web attacks, security policies, wireless network issues and more.
For enterprises distributing handheld devices running on the Pocket PC platform, PointsecO for Pocket PC provides enforceable mandatory access control along with data encryption, all of which can be centrally managed.
The company says it is aimed at businesses and organisations deploying handheld devices operating on the Windows CE platform who require enforceable and centrally managed data security, including mandatory access control and data encryption.
Pointsec for PocketPC is aimed at providing enforceable and centrally-managed data security, including mandatory access control and data encryption, for handheld devices operating on the Windows CE platform.
Trusted Solaris 7's Mandatory Access Control (MAC) feature allows organizations, including banks and financial institutions, to process information at multiple-sensitivity levels.
B1/EST-X includes mandatory access control, password and encryption level management, multilevel directory access control, and a slew of security auditing features to better track user access to resources and root out unauthorized accesses.