Ethel "Sunny" Lowry was born to a Manchester fish wholesaler, who encouraged her swimming, though the headmistress at Manchester High School for Girls was less enthusiastic - barking "dismissed" during a careers' interview at which Sunny expressed her ambition to swim the Channel.
What does MHSG stand for?
MHSG stands for Manchester High School for Girls (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MHSG
We have 1 other meaning of MHSG in our Acronym Attic
- Mental Health Self Employment Opportunities (disability organization; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Military Health System Executive Review (US DoD)
- Military Health Systems Executive Summary (US DoD)
- Mental Health Screening Form
- Mental Health Services Fund (California)
- Methodist Health System Foundation (Slidell, LA)
- Mormon Historic Sites Foundation (est. 1992; formerly Ensign Peak Foundation; Salt Lake City, UT)
- Miniphone to Hot Shoe Female 1
- Michigan High School Football Coaches Association
- Methodist Health System Foundation, Inc. (Slidell, LA)
- Mental Health Specific Grant (UK)
- Mental Health Strategy Group
- Mental Health Support Group (various locations)
- Mission Helpers of the Sacred Heart (religious order)
- Melbourne Herpes Self Help Group (Australia)
- Management of Head and Spinal Injuries
- Mason & Hanger Services Inc.
- Material Handling Systems, Inc. (Rochester Hills, MI)
- Michigan Head and Spine Institute (Pontiac, MI)
- Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (Wisconsin)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Her dad's sentence was later reduced to six years of which he served three, but it left Raquelle open to bullying from other pupils at Manchester High School for Girls.
Manchester High School for Girls - 444/ 94/ 369 14.
Becky and Suzie Power and their friends, Vidhi and Nidhi Trehan, arrived at Manchester High School for Girls to find they had scored 20 A-stars, 18 As and two Bs between them.
CAPTION(S): The team from ColorMatrix Europe explain how some of their products are made to pupils from North Manchester High School for Girls.
Becky and Suzie Power and pals Vidhi and Nidhi Trehan of Manchester High School for Girls, in Rusholme, found they had 20 A Stars, 18 As and two Bs between them.
Peters Junior & Infants School (C)3, (L)79, (LD)2, (G)0, (O)0 Lamberhead Green CP School (C)18, (L)36, (LD)22, (G)0, (O)0 MANCHESTER, BLACKLEY CON win King David High School (C)122, (L)80, (LD)0, (G)9, (O)64 MANCHESTER, CENTRAL LAB win Claremont Rd Infant & Junior School (C)17, (L)75, (LD)26, (G)56, (O)24 MANCHESTER, GORTON CON win Manchester High School for Girls (C)217, (L)48, (LD)60, (G)32, (O)190 MORECAMBE AND LUNESDALE CON win Tewkesbury (GM) Comp (C)12, (L)2, (LD)0, (G)3, (O)3 OLDHAM EAST AND SADDLEWORTH LIBDEM win Crompton House C of E High School (C)34, (L)188, (LD)364, (G)0, (O)310 St.
Three star pupils from Manchester High School for Girls - Natalie Berry, Francesca Snedden and Catherine Siddall - were also celebrating after scooping 10 A-grades each.