We've had a fantastic season with the final following other matches against Birkenhead Prep (56-0), Manchester Grammar School (47-0) and Liverpool College (49-0).
What does MGS stand for?
MGS stands for Manchester Grammar School
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MGS
We have 172 other meanings of MGS in our Acronym Attic
- Mean Gastric Residence Time
- Metallic Gold Red Tiger (fishing lure)
- Medical Genetic Research Unit (University of Ibadan; Ibadan, Nigeria)
- Monash Governance Research Unit (Australia)
- Mittlerer Granatwerfer (8.1 cm caliber gun/weapon)
- Machine Gun System
- Magnesium Sulfide
- Magnetschwebebahn (German: Magnetic Hovercraft Railway)
- Maidstone Grammar School (UK)
- Malaysian Government Securities
- Manitoba Genealogical Society (Canada)
- Marine Geophysical Survey
- Marine Graphics System
- Marriott Global Source
- Mars Global Surveyor
- Maryland Geological Survey
- Master Gunnery Sergeant (USMC)
- Master of Gerontological Studies (Miami University; Ohio)
- Mat Ground Surfacing
- Matching Grant Scheme (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Having grown up in Worsley, Greater Manchester, he attended Manchester Grammar School and Manchester University before going on to play an important role in the Second World War as a pilot in Coastal Command, protecting the sea convoys from attack.
Dr Martin Stephen, former head of St Paul's School and Manchester Grammar School wrote in the Mail on Sunday: "We certainly don't need GCSE, and arguably we could afford to relieve our horribly over-examined children by offering one set of exams at 18.
The Manchester Grammar school 3) Did you go to university?
Born in Hyderabad, India, he moved to the UK as a child, growing up in Salford and attending Manchester Grammar School before studying medicine at Leeds University.
They include Manchester grammar school, which charges £9,000 a year in fees, along with four other independent schools, as well as four religious charities and three care homes, which will also have to pass the public benefit test from next April.
In the late 70s, there were quite a lot of arty, lower-middle class, catholic Manchester grammar school boys.
He won scholarships to Manchester Grammar School and Brasenose College, Oxford, where he became president of the archaeology society.