The Mammalian Gene Collection, one effort to catalog all of the full-length RNA versions of genes, lists 18,877 human genes.
What does MGC stand for?
MGC stands for Mammalian Gene Collection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MGC
We have 173 other meanings of MGC in our Acronym Attic
- Microgravity Glovebox
- May God Bless You
- May God Bless Your Socks Off
- Machinable Glass Ceramic
- Machine Gun Corporation (Japan)
- Machine Gun Corps (British Army; UK)
- Mafia Gaming Crew (gaming clan)
- Magische Cirkel Gent
- Maimonides Geriatric Centre (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Make Good Choices
- Manual Gain Control
- Manufactured Goods Collection
- Mark G. Cappitella (puzzles)
- Marlborough Girls College (New Zealand)
- Marriage Guidance Council (various locations)
- Mary Graydon Center (American University, Washington, DC)
- Marywood Girls College Lagos
- Master Group Connector
- Mature Gamers Club (gaming community)
- Media Gateway Controller
Samples in periodicals archive:
He leads a group of researchers who are working on generating and sequencing full-length cDNAs for rare mammalian mRNAs as part of the Human Genome Project Mammalian Gene Collection initiative.