Colonies with distinct morphological differences such as colour, shape and size were picked and purified by streaking at least three times on malt extract agar.
What does MEA stand for?
MEA stands for Malt Extract Agar
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MEA
We have 236 other meanings of MEA in our Acronym Attic
- Main Electronics Assembly
- Main Engine Assembly
- Maine Educational Assessment
- Maintenance Effectiveness Award (US Air Force)
- Maintenance Engineering Analysis
- Maintenance Entity Assembly
- Major Economic Area
- Major Electrical Appliances (Australia)
- Major Emergency Action (US FEMA)
- Major Environmental Analysis
- Management Engineering Activity
- Manufacturing Expense Analysis
- Marine Engineering Artificer (Royal Navy UK)
- Marino Engineering Associates, Inc. (Urbana, IL)
- Marion Education Association
- Market Efficiency Audit (accounting)
- Marketing Educators' Association
- Maryland Energy Administration
- Mass Energy Alliance
- Mass/Energy Analysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
Fungi were cultured on 5% Malt extract agar (MEA) and Littman oxgall agar (LOA).
Cultures were established by transferring inoculum to other mycologic media, including malt extract agar and Sabouraud agar.
In the initial microbial assays, malt extract agar is recommended for the general detection of fungi, while agar containing casein peptone, soy peptone, and sodium chloride is used for bacterial sampling.
Subcultures on different media including malt extract agar and potato dextrose agar grew sterile mycelia.
FUNGAL CULTURES Plastic Petri dishes containing 20 mL malt extract agar (malt extract [Oxoid L39] 20 g/L, agar [Merck 101614] 10 g/L), were inoculated with 6-mm-diameter cores of 0.
The isolate was subcultured on Czapek agar and malt extract agar (MEA), and incubated at approximately 25[degrees]C in the dark.
PRELIMINARY TEST TO DETERMINE SUITABLE MEDIA Sporulation and density of the colony was most pronounced on the malt extract agar and 10 percent twig sawdust medium.