I felt the need to make that clear from the off following three consecutive comments from male colleagues, which all referred to the 1994 comedy in which Arnie's character undergoes a male pregnancy in the name of science.
What does MPREG stand for?
MPREG stands for Male Pregnancy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act of 2002 (South Africa)
- Ministry of Rural and Rehabilitation Development
- Mount Pinos Ranger District (Los Padres National Forest; Goleta, CA)
- Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (South Africa)
- Madhya Pradesh Road Development Corporation Limited (India)
- Manportable Radio Direction-Finding System
- Master of Professional Engineering (degree)
- Minimum Pure Radium Equivalent
- Mornington Peninsula Real Estate (Australia)
- Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (National Conference of Bar Examiners)
- Modular Plasma Reactor Simulator
- Madhesi People's Right Forum
- Major Product Release Features (Lucent)
- Manta Pacific Research Foundation
- Maritime Patrol and Reconnaissance Forces
- Medium Pulse Repetition Frequency
- Monetary Policy Reaction Function (economics)
- Montcalm Potato Research Farm (Michigan State University)
- Motion Picture Relief Fund
- Membrane Potential Related Fluorescence Intensity
Samples in periodicals archive:
The work has raised the prospect of creating a male pregnancy with a donor uterus and fertility treatment, however Diaz-Garcia insisted: "We are not carrying out work in this area.
Homosexuality is man's experiment with all things gone too far, such as trans-sexualism and male pregnancy, which has nothing to do with nature.
Obviously, the bodily incompatibilities are so daunting that to even try for a male pregnancy seems inappropriate.
The first male pregnancy appears to be just a matter of time.
As the appendices are honest enough to demonstrate, the evidence for an early modern preoccupation with the issue, as it were, of male pregnancy is limited to two extant sources: an unpublished comical interlude, and a broadside collection of four ballads.
I'm certain since the introduction of this male contraceptive there hasn't been a single male pregnancy reported.
The first chapter, "The Useless Genitor: Fantasies of Putrefaction and Nongenealogical Birth," interprets the beliefs in spontaneous generation, parthenogenesis, male pregnancy, and women's gestation of non-human fetuses as belonging to a neurosis related to inadequate scientific explanations.