2) Indeed, though not a Malaitan, Sogavare's political rhetoric nevertheless reflected Malaitan interests, particularly those of former members and associates of the Malaita Eagle Force (MEF) which installed the first Sogavare government to power following the coup of June 2000.
What does MEF stand for?
MEF stands for Malaita Eagle Force
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MEF
We have 163 other meanings of MEF in our Acronym Attic
- Minerals and Energy Education and Training Institute (Randburg, South Africa)
- Marine Environmental Engineering Technology Symposium
- Metered Energy Efficiency Transaction Structure (coalition)
- Minimum Essential Engine Tracking System
- Modernisation of European Enterprise and Trade Statistics (EU)
- Ministry of Environment Energy and Water (Maldives)
- MADS Box Transcription Enhancer Factor
- Magnetics Environmental Filter
- Major Economies Forum
- Major Equipment File
- Malaysian Employers Federation
- Managed Extensibility Framework (Microsoft .NET)
- Marine Expeditionary Force
- Martin Ennals Foundation (Switzerland)
- Martingale Estimating Functions
- Mask Error Factor
- Master Earnings File
- Master in Economics and Finance (various schools)
- Materials Exposure Facility
- Mature Equivalent of Fat
Samples in periodicals archive:
At 14, as a result of the country's unrest, he found himself as a cook for the self styled Malaita Eagle Force, a semi-criminal militia which in June 2000 staged a coup with some of the police.
Foreign Minister Alex Bartlett may be a fresh face in Parliament; however, as one of the members of the Supreme Council of the Malaita Eagle Force, he would have taken a major role in the coup of 2000.
The rebels, or Malaita Eagle Force, have been trying to win the public over by keeping order in Honiaria, where looting and other lawlessness have been rare.
A group of gunmen associated with an ethnic group called the Malaita Eagle Force continue to hold Prime Minister Bartholomew Ulufa'alu.
It's feared the fighting between the rival ethnic militia groups - the Malaita Eagle Force and the Isatabu Freedom Movement - could spark full-scale civil war among the country's 380,000 people.
In recounting the course of events, he stresses the attempts of the Malaita chiefs to avert the crisis, the defensive origins of the Malaita Eagle Force and the efforts of the Special Constables to contain the violence.
Members of the warring Malaita Eagle Force (MEF) and Isatabu Freedom Movement (IFM), together with Solomon Islands government representatives, signed the accord in Townsville, northeastern Australia, on Sunday after six days of negotiations.