Chapter 2, "Inside the Gamut: The Major Sixth in Guido of Arezzo and Hermannus Contractus," examines the roles played by the major sixth in the theories of Guido and Hermann.
What does M6 stand for?
M6 stands for Major Sixth (music)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of M6
- Montana 4x4 Association (four wheel drive enthusiasts)
- Manual 5 speed (transmission)
- Maroon 5 (band)
- Mean of 1950 (coordinate system)
- Meperidine 50 Milligrams
- Tracked Vehicle SICPS Shelter
- Mark 5 Army Nerf Gun Corps
- Method 5 Acid Train
- Mode 5 Level 2
- Movimento 5 Stelle (Italian: 5 Stars Movement; political party)
Samples in periodicals archive:
George Martin, The Beatles' producer, argued with Lennon and McCartney about the major sixth chord that ends the song.
As such they are quite abstract, built in turn from a minor third, fourths and fifths, and a major sixth.