In measures 1-4 (Example 4), Capers utilizes major seventh, ninth, minor seventh and eleventh chords.
What does M7 stand for?
M7 stands for Major Seventh (music)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of M7
- Major Sixth (music)
- Métropole 6 (French TV Network)
- Minor Sixth (music)
- Morphine-6-Glucuronide (molecule)
- M6 Membrane Extract (protein)
- Mannose 6-PhosphateIinsulin-Like Growth Factor 2 Receptor
- Mannose-6-Phosphate Reductase
- Minor Seventh (music)
- The Marvelous Seven
- Mutation at Residue 73
- Proximity Fuse
- Megestrol Acetate 750 Milligrams per Day
- 85 percent / 15 percent unleaded gasoline
- MMAC (Multi Media Access Center) 8-Slot Flexible Network Bus
- MMAC (Multi Media Access Center) 8-Slot Power Supply Module
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, we soon discovered how Stevie Wonder and Earth Wind & Fire sounded smothered in augmented, diminished and major seventh chords.
Typical for the composer, it is once again tautly-built, intervals of major sevenths and minor thirds predominant, and, again, its finale grips with its inevitability, this time as a quietly insistent threnody.
In "Musical Spoons: Triads," the student can collect cards to make up each of the four triad qualities; or for even more challenge, the players can spell seventh chords as specified by the teacher (such as major seventh, minor seventh, half diminished seventh and diminished seventh).
Knowing the intervals of a major seventh and a minor seventh, starting on any key, is also essential.