The findings of this study could speed up detection of the condition and they are now examining whether the tests can be used for earlier intervention in major mental illness.
What does MMI stand for?
MMI stands for Major Mental Illness
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MMI
We have 251 other meanings of MMI in our Acronym Attic
- Motorized Manual Highway Tape Applicator
- Multicultural Mental Health Training Program (University of South Florida)
- Man Mein Hai Visshwas (Indian television and Bollywood forum)
- Method of Measurement for Highway Works (UK)
- Mineral Mountain Hatchet Works
- Megaman Maverick Hunter X (video game)
- Madison Media Institute (Madison, Wisconsin)
- Maintenance Managed Item (Royal Australian Air Force)
- Maintenance Manual Intermediate Levels (TMINS)
- Major and Medium Irrigation (India)
- Mallinckrodt Medical Inc
- Man-Machine Interface
- Management & Maintenance Inspection
- Management Methods International (Quality Results People)
- Manpower Management Information
- Marina Militare Italiana (Italian: Italian Navy)
- Marine Mammal Institute (Oregon State University)
- Marion Military Institute
- Market Making Inventory (investing)
- Marketing Management, Inc. (Fort Worth, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A report of the study cited estimates from Massachusetts county sheriffs that 42 percent of jail inmates have a mental illness and that 26 percent have a major mental illness.
The following factors that may influence the rehabilitation, management and training programmes for state patients were identified: active symptoms of a major mental illness such as schizophrenia, current substance abuse, a history of substance abuse, seriousness of the crime committed, medication compliance, a psychiatric history, and family or friends willing to accommodate the participant upon discharge.
A major cause for concern in this case is the fact that at the magistrates court, an expert on stalking concluded that Jensen did not suffer from a major mental illness but had failed to accept responsibility for his actions towards his victim and her family.
Trying to discipline away, punish away, or even reward and praise away symptoms of major mental illness is ineffective and inappropriate.
The National Center on Secondary Education Transition reports that the onset of major mental illness often occurs between the ages of 18 and 25--a time when many young adults are in the thick of their collegiate careers.
The viewer gains a cursory understanding of the major mental illness categories, essential functions, reasonable accommodations, undue hardships, disclosure requirements, and employee harassment implications.