Anyone with information which may assist this investigation should contact the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team.
What does MIT stand for?
MIT stands for Major Investigation Team (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MIT
We have 369 other meanings of MIT in our Acronym Attic
- Master of Information Systems (University of Southern Queensland; Australia)
- Myanmar International School Yangon
- Manufacturing Information Systems
- Made In Taiwan
- Made in Turkey
- Madras Institute of Technology (Chennai, India)
- Magnetic Imaging Technology
- Magyar Immunológiai Társaság (Hungarian Society for Immunology)
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology (India)
- Maintenance Induced Trouble (Cisco)
- Male Idiot Theory
- Man In Trouble
- Managed Information Technology (automated maintenance and monitoring of computers and network equipment)
- Management Information Tree (TMN)
- Management of Information Technology
- Manipal Institute of Technology (Manipal, Karnataka, India)
- Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation (Canada)
- Manufacturing Information Technology (various organizations)
- Manukau Institute of Technology (Auckland, New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Det Chief Insp Wayne Jones, from the Major Investigation Team, said: "Following the incident we have spoken to most of the people who lived in and around the premises where Mr Brown was found dead.
The force's major investigation team is leading the investigation into Mr Osu's murder, working with Matrix and area officers.
DC Fleur Buxton, of the Coventry major investigation team, said: "We believe that there may have been a small group of men and women arguing just before the incident and are keen to trace them as they may have seen or heard something that could help us progress the investigation.
With the new state-of-the-art suites the major investigation teams now have the ability to have 'real time' filming straight from the scene to the briefing room.
Yesterday, Det Supt Alan Buchanan, of Strathclyde Police's major investigation team, said: "A team of officers is working around the clock on this inquiry.
A detective sergeant in the PSNI's major investigation team told judge Barney McElholm at Londonderry Magistrate's Court that the nature of the investigation was murder.
Senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Peter Bent, of the Major Investigation Team said: "We launched a substantial and exceptionally difficult investigation into Mr Smart's death.