Major gene resistance is typically short-lived: Within two to five years, a fungus may acquire mutations that alter the shape of the protein that stimulates wheat's immune response, and then it's game over.
What does MGR stand for?
MGR stands for Major Gene Resistance
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MGR
We have 55 other meanings of MGR in our Acronym Attic
- Maryland Grain Producers Utilization Board
- Million Gallons Per Year
- Maximum Guaranteed Quantity (EU trade)
- Minneapolis Guitar Quartet (Minneapolis, MN)
- Mogadishu, Somalia (Airport Code)
- Monster Girl Quest (game)
- Modified General Question Technique (polygraph testing)
- M. G. Ramachandran (politician in Tamil Nadu, India)
- Magister (Polish university degree)
- Magnoporthe Grissa Repeat