She immediately told a collateral duty inspector about the discrepancy and asked maintenance control to initiate a downing Maintenance Action Form.
What does MAF stand for?
MAF stands for Maintenance Action Form
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MAF
We have 173 other meanings of MAF in our Acronym Attic
- Myanmar Aerospace Engineering University (Myanmar)
- Medium Altitude Endurance Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Midwest Alternative Energy Venture Forum
- Moves All Extremities Well
- Maximum Allowable External Working Pressure
- Mid Atlantic Electronic Warfare Range
- Montana Association for the Education of Young Children
- Mac Addict Forum
- Macrophage Activating Factor
- Maintenance & Administrative Facility
- Majid Al Futtaim (large group of UAE based companies)
- Major Academic Field
- Major Accounts Facility
- Managed Add-in Framework
- Management Accountability Framework (Canada)
- Managing the Audit Function
- Manhour Availability Factor
- Manpower Authorization File
- Manufacturer's Authorization Form (various companies)
- Marc-Andre Fleury (hockey player)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I completely missed a comment part on the back of the maintenance action form where it stated the transponder was removed and awaiting parts for replacement from supply Second, talk with maintenance about the gripes--not only about the aircraft status board, but also about the overall condition of the plane.
If I had followed up on my verbal debrief of the wing-fold handle with the maintenance chiefs and written a maintenance action form (MAF), I would have prevented the incident.
To successfully fix these recurring gripes, maintainers must get thorough debriefs from aircrew on the exact nature of the discrepancy, have accurate and clear verbiage from the NALCOMIS Maintenance Action Form (MAF), and make a conscious effort to "think outside of the box.
We then told ground of our intentions to taxi to the holdshort, and we awaited final confirmation of the maintenance action form (MAF) sign-off of our relief.
Maintenance action forms (MAFs) were placed in work, and checkout procedure for the tools, individual material readiness list (IMRL), and maintenance requirement card (MRC) deck was followed before we went to the work.
The turn occurred without incident, and, afterwards, as I have done countless times before, I went into the shop to update maintenance control and the maintenance action forms (MAFs) while the other two maintainers removed the balance gear and installed the propeller afterbody assemblies.