After watching a number of more underprepared states launch HIEs and fail, Wolf agreed to step forward with her foundation, the philanthropic Maine Access Foundation in Augusta, and two other state agencies, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Augusta), and an organization that at that time was called the Maine Health Information Center (now the Manchester-based Onpoint Health Data), to fund a feasibility study in mid-2004.
What does MHIC stand for?
MHIC stands for Maine Health Information Center (now Onpoint Health Data; Manchester, ME)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MHIC
We have 2 other meanings of MHIC in our Acronym Attic
- Malaysian Health Informatics Association (Malaysia)
- Manufactured Homes Insurance Agency (Australia)
- Manufactured Housing Industry of Arizona
- Material Handling Industry of America
- Mental Health Impact Assessment
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries America, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air Conditioners Australia Pty. Ltd. (Australia)
- Maryland Horse Industry Board (Maryland Department of Agriculture)
- Mississippi Home Inspector Board (licesning board)
- Mitsubishi Industrias Pesadas do Brasil Ltda. (Portuguese: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. of Brazil; Brazil)
- Maryland Home Improvement Commission (Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing)
- Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation
- Mental Health Information Centre (South Africa)
- Michigan Health Insurance Company
- Mental Health Intensive Case Management
- Mississauga Halton Infection Control Network (Canada)
- Multi-Hazard Identification
- Major Hazardous Incident Data Service
- Mental Health Information Development Program (Australia)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Europe
Samples in periodicals archive:
HealthInfoNet, Maine's statewide health information exchange (HIE), started as a feasibility study in 2004, sponsored by the public/private partnership of the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Augusta), an organization that at that time was called the Maine Health Information Center (now the Manchester-based Onpoint Health Data), and the Augusta-based Maine Access Foundation, a philanthropic organization.