While Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, MGNREGS will get Rs 33,000 crore, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, PMGSY is given Rs 21,700 crore and Indira Aws Yojana, IAY has been allocated Rs 15,184 crore.
What does MGNREGS stand for?
MGNREGS stands for Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Meditation Group for the New Age (Ojai, CA)
- Mouse Genomic Nomenclature Committee
- Mahatma Gandhi News Digest
- Motor Ground (electrical schematic)
- Monotype Guild of New England
- Mahatma Gandhi National Institute of Research and Social Action (India)
- Moto Guzzi National Owners Club (motorcycle)
- Manipal Global Nursing Program (India)
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park (Uganda)
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (India)
- Monona Grove Nursery School (Madison, WI)
- Machine Gun Optic (US Army)
- Magnesium Oxide (chemistry)
- Main Geophysical Observatory (Russia)
- Mandatory General Offer
- Marine Gas Oil (marine fuel)
- Master General of the Ordnance (British military position)
- Materials Global Operations (General Motors)
- Metal Gear Online (gaming
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Report Card released by Sam Sharpe, Head of Office, DFID, India, says that the "satisfaction level" of people with various government services has increased amazingly in recent months with pension topping the chart at 81 per cent, followed by health facilities (80 per cent), issuance of certificates (78 per cent), ration shops (78 per cent), schools (75 per cent), Anganwadis (74 per cent) and Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (65 per cent).
Use funds as mandated THE Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme is one of the most prestigious social welfare schemes run by the government because it seeks to hit at the very roots of poverty by guaranteeing employment to the poorest of the poor across the country.
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme (MGNREGS), Chief Minister's Rural BPL housing scheme, Public Distribution System, Chief Minister's higher education scholarship scheme, social security pension scheme and LPG cylinder distribution scheme will be Aadhar enabled following the launch.
Officials were quick to point out that it might not be feasible to employ this formula for the government's flagship employment programme -- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme is the world's largest cash for work programme, which responds to the needs of 53 million poor rural households by ensuring them 100 days employment per year.
Ramesh Khinchi, former Congress MLA from Alwar's Kathumar constituency, has got job cards issued under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme ( MGNREGS) for himself and his family members.
C* The cost benefit analysis carried out by the NIPFP indicates that even a partial application of Aadhaar to welfare schemes such as the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme and the public distribution system would result in the programme's benefits outweighing its costs significantly," Singh said replying to a question.