Combining statistical analysis of solar wind data from the Advanced Composition Explorer satellite, which measures solar particles approaching Earth, with a series of magnetohydrodynamic simulations, used to model the behaviour of the Earth's magnetosphere, Borovsky characterizes the properties of the shear layers that travel past the Earth and the reaction of the Earth to those passing layers.
What does MHD stand for?
MHD stands for Magnetohydrodynamic (conversion; nuclear energy)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MHD
We have 71 other meanings of MHD in our Acronym Attic
- Montana High Country Tours (est. 1979; Polaris, MT)
- Mental Health Connection of Tarrant County (Texas)
- Manifold Heat Control Valve (car part)
- Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Manufactured Housing Communities of Washington
- Midwest Health Center for Women (est. 1975; Minneapolis, MN)
- Ministry of Health and Child Welfare (Zimbabwe)
- Mixed Hockey Club Weesp (Weesp, Netherlands)
- Mount Hope Church Williamston (Michigan)
- Mad House Designs
- Malteser Hilfsdienst (medical help organization)
- Maritime Homeland Defense
- Mashhad, Iran (Airport Code)
- Massachusetts Highway Department
- Matratzenhorchdienst (German slang humor: sleeping)
- Matt Hotch Designs (Fullerton, CA)
- Medical Holding Detachment
- Medium Human Development
- Mental Health Day
- Mental Health Directorate (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Analysis of a rectangular parallel plate electrode under magnetohydrodynamic boundary layer flow will be presented.
The latter can be done by imposing external force and mass, such as Magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) control and mass injection.
Yih  has considered magnetohydrodynamic forced convection flow adjacent to a non-isothermal wedge in the presence of viscous and magnetic dissipation and stress work.
However University of Warwick plasma astrophysicists Professor Sandra Chapman and Dr Ruth Nicol have found a particularly elegant solution to fill that experimental gap employing Ulysses spacecraft and two solar minimum to map the turbulence in the energies of the turbulence in the solar wind - a magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) flow.
Conservation Form Let us consider the magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) model of plasma physics.