This is due to the nano-sized crystals of the minerals magnetite or greigite they produce.
What does Fe3O4 stand for?
Fe3O4 stands for Magnetite
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Forced-Entry and Blast Resistant (safety)
- Fractional Excretion to Filtration Fraction
- Feature Extraction Segment
- Faecal Elastase 1
- Fire Emblem 1 (gaming)
- Fractional E1 (part of a 2.048 Mbs Signal)
- Flood Escape 2 (gaming)
- Frontier Elite 2 (1993 computer game, sequel to Elite)
- Iron Oxide
- Fractional Enhancement at 30 Minutes
- Radioactive Iron
- Facility Engineering Associates (Washington, DC)
- Faculdade de Administração, Economia e Contabilidade (University of San Paolo, Brazil)
- Faculté d'Economie Appliquée (French: Faculty of Applied Economics)
- Faculty Excellence Advocate (Michigan State University)
- Faculty of Economics and Administration (various universities)
- Failure Effect Analysis
- Fairfax Education Association
- Falange Española Auténtica (Authentic Spanish Falange; Spanish extreme right wing party)
- Far Eastern Affairs (Russian Academy of Sciences)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Drill holes intersected continuous magnetite gneiss of up to 200m apparent thickness.
While drilling in the desert for uranium, Deep Yellow discovered magnetite mineralisations that proved to be substantial iron ore bodies, after laboratory analysis in Australia.
The Shepard Mountain Deposit represents one of the largest minor iron deposits and occurs about a mile SW of the Pilot Knob underground magnetite deposit.
This follows the recent release (ASX 14 February 2011) of promising results from testwork that highlighted the potential of the M62 and M63 Shiyela magnetite deposits to support the rapid development of a mining operation 35 kilometres east of the Walvis Bay port.
Other lifelike features within the meteorite include carbonate globules and mineral grains of magnetite within those globules.
OCCURRENCE OF MAGNETITE AND ITS RELATIONSHIP TO PEGMATITIC GARB ONATITE, PYROXENE GARB ONATITES AT THE ALKALINE IGNEOUS-CARBONATITE COMPLEX, OKORUSU, NAMIBIA.