Dundee Rep Ensemble and Magnetic North are putting on the 80s play about a mum's struggle to save her community.
What does MN stand for?
MN stands for Magnetic North
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MN
We have 50 other meanings of MN in our Acronym Attic
- Military Man-Years Supported
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Vedic Vishwavidyalaya (Indian university)
- Main Mineralized Zone (mining)
- MegaMan Zero (video game)
- Midtown Madness Zone (video game)
- Mile Marker Zero (band)
- Monkeys, Midgets and Zombies (gaming clan)
- Moses Mendelssohn Zentrum (German: Moses Mendelssohn Center; European-Jewish studies; est. 1992; Potsdam, Germany)
- (USN Rating) Mineman
- Mach Number (aviation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Magnetic North has recently won 'Product of the Year' 2012 for their Hosted PBX solution, which demonstrates their level of commitment, care and skill when creating their ground-breaking cloud-based IP productivity solutions.
From early cartography and changes in the direction of true north and magnetic north to the evolution of piloting, GPS, and modern navigation aids, this blends social and cultural insights with details on travel and the science involved in navigation.
The Magnetic North is an account of her two-year tour through another forbidding, but vitally important, land--the Arctic.
Increasingly detailed charts were devised - invariably with BRASS: Sperry gyro-compass the magnetic north marked, as on the compass.
The outside temperature was minus 25C in Longyearbyen, on the Norweigian island of Spitsbergen, considered by polar experts to be the best place to train ahead of a trip to the magnetic North.
Minerals in 15-million-year-old rocks appear to preserve a moment when the magnetic north pole was rapidly on its way to becoming the south pole, and vice versa.