This can be compared to the cost of $2 per gigabyte for 100-gigabyte magnetic disk drives expected in the same time frame (about $20 per gigabyte for full system cost).
What does MAGDRIVE stand for?
MAGDRIVE stands for Magnetic Disk Drive
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Maine Association of Group Care Providers
- Midwest Association of Golf Course Superintendents (Chicago, IL)
- Michigan Association of Government Computer Users
- Master of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Michigan Academy of General Dentistry (Ypsilanti, MI)
- Military Aid to Government Departments
- Magnetically Driven Assembly
- Modélisation et Apprentissage pour Une Gestion Distribuée des Alarmes (France)
- Montana Art Gallery Directors' Association
- Museums and Galleries Disability Association
- Mid Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League
- Maryland Area Guide Dog Users, Inc. (Baltimore, MD)
- MAGE Adventure Game Engine
- Marburg Ad-hoc Grid Environment
- Marine Aerosol and Gas Exchange
- Mean Absolute Gross Error
- Mechanical Aerospace Ground Equipment
- Melanoma Antigen Gene
- Multi-Purpose Advanced Game Engine
- Multiple Angled Geometric Extension
Samples in periodicals archive:
Today's lubrication systems -- such as the fluorocarbon compounds and carbon overcoats used on magnetic disk drives -- may not be adequate to meet the demanding performance requirements envisioned for nanotechnology applications.
2] on state-of-the-art magnetic disk drives --a recording density 40 times greater than todays top commercial offerings.
32 Equipment components will probably include a central processing unit, printers, terminals (keyboards and display screens), magnetic disk drives, optical disk drives, and magnetic tape drives.
Current tape media will retain data for 15 to 30 years, far exceeding the retention requirements of almost all organizations and the useful lifetime of a magnetic disk drive.
Fujitsu put the blame on a sharp fall in demand for personal computers, mobile phones and other IT-related products, which it said would cut into its sales of semiconductors such as flash memory chips and magnetic disk drives for personal computers.