The software was developed through operating and testing magnetic detectors in Greece's Thessaloniki and Germany's Frankfurt airports.
What does Maggie stand for?
Maggie stands for Magnetic Detector
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Maggie
- Multiple Angled Geometric Extension
- Multiplex Automated Genome Engineering (biotechnology)
- MicroArray and Gene Expression Markup Language
- Miami Area Geriatric Education Center (Miami, FL)
- Mast cell Growth Enhancing Factor
- Melanoma Antigen, Family H
- Mid-America Geographic Foundation
- Mission Aborted Gone For A Pint (Royal Air Force)
- Multiple-Antenna Gaussian Fading Channel
- Multi-Agency Gang Task Force
- Major Ageing and Gender Issues in Europe (EU)
- Mid-America Gender Group Information Exchange (St. Louis, MO)
- Manufacturing Action Group Inc. (est. 1985; Grand Rapids, MI)
- Mathematical Applications Group, Inc. (computer graphics)
- McNaughton Apparel Group, Inc.
- Model Agreement Group Initiative (San Francisco, CA)
- Modern Arcane Guild of Investigation (MMOG game)
- Modified Adjusted Gross Income
- Machine for Automatic Graphics Interface to a Computer
- Major Atmospheric Gamma Imaging Cherenkov (telescope)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A magnetic detector senses changes in the Earth's magnetic field caused by passage of a nearby vehicle that contains ferrous material.
The team, and their "assistants" from the general public, will use a range of equipment including electro magnetic detectors, thermal thermometers, audio recording devices and plasma balls that isolate electrical activity.
Later that night, as the astronauts clamped new magnetometers onto the old ones at the top of the telescope, the cover of one of the old magnetic detectors came loose.