Less than 10 years ago, a study showed that a silica lining also was reduced by magnesium and magnesium sulfide from treated iron returns, but when oxygen is stripped from silica by magnesium or magnesium sulfide to form magnesium oxide, virtually no loss of lining material occurs.
What does MgS stand for?
MgS stands for Magnesium Sulfide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MgS
We have 172 other meanings of MgS in our Acronym Attic
- Minnesota Garden Railway Society (Cottage Grove, MN)
- Monoclonal Gammopathy of Renal Significance (kidney disorder)
- Multicentre Growth Reference Study
- Methicillin-Gentamicin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
- Mean Gastric Residence Time
- Metallic Gold Red Tiger (fishing lure)
- Medical Genetic Research Unit (University of Ibadan; Ibadan, Nigeria)
- Monash Governance Research Unit (Australia)
- Mittlerer Granatwerfer (8.1 cm caliber gun/weapon)
- Machine Gun System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The idea in BLG is that sulfur in the product gas would combine with solid calcium mid magnesium to form calcium sulfide (CaS) and magnesium sulfide (MgS).
Since the lowest free energy state for magnesium is magnesium oxide, the magnesium arid magnesium sulfide are constantly looking to react with something from which it can obtain oxygen.