The most powerful man in the West in those years was the general Flavius Aetius, sometime aspirant to the throne, who, under the patronage of the Roman queen-regent Galla Placidia, had risen to the office of magister militum, or supreme commander of the military forces in the West.
What does MM stand for?
MM stands for Magister Militum (Latin: Military Instructor, epigraphy)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MM
We have 165 other meanings of MM in our Acronym Attic
- Ma'aseh Merkavah (divine chariot in Jewish mysticism)
- Maailmanmestari (Finnish: World Champion)
- Machine Model
- Machinist's Mate (USN Rating)
- Macromedia, Inc. (software company)
- Mad Magazine
- Mad Max
- Madison Metro (Wisconsin)
- Maelzel's Metronome
- Magic Missile (Dungons & Dragons)