This alternative rite was initiated in the Tharaka District in Kenya in 1996, and grew out of the collaboration between a women's Kenyan group, called the Maendeleo Ya Wanawake Organization (MYWO) and the Program for Appropriate Technology in Health (PATH), a nonprofit, international organization whose aim is to improve the health of women and children in developing countries.
What does MYWO stand for?
MYWO stands for Maendeleo Ya Wanawake Organization (Kenya)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Moy Yat Ving Tsun Martial Intelligence (Chinatown; Philadelphia, PA)
- Malvastrum Yellow Vein Virus
- Maendeleo Ya Wanawake
- Mennonite Your Way
- Modified Yule Walker (algorithm)
- Montgomery Youth Works (various locations)
- Move Your World
- Michigan Youth Workers Association (est. 1968)
- Michigan Youth Wrestling Association (Haslett, MI)
- Myrtle Warbler (bird species Dendroica coronata)
- Multiyear Work Plan
- Middler Year Writing Requirement (Northeastern University, Boston, MA)
- Make Your Words Sell
- Bursa Malaysia (Malaysian Stock Exchange; est. 1960)
- Multicultural Youth EXchange (Philadelphia, PA)
- Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia - Miri (Airport Code)
- Mach-Zehnder (interferometer)
- Magnetic Azimuth
- Mainz (Germany)
- Makkelijk Zat
Samples in periodicals archive:
Maendeleo Ya Wanawake Organization, a national grassroots women's organization, was the first group in Kenya to undertake advocacy to eliminate the practice of female genital cutting (FGC).
Circumcision Through Words grows out of collaborations between rural families and the Kenyan national women's group, Maendeleo ya Wanawake Organization (MYWO), which is committed to ending FGM in Kenya.