The artists work in the style of Madhubani painting, a form of painting done with fingers, twigs, the points of fountain pens and even matchsticks, using natural colours and characterised by brilliant geometrical patterns.
What does MP stand for?
MP stands for Madhubani Painting (artwork; India)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MP
We have 204 other meanings of MP in our Acronym Attic
- Motoroktanzahl (German: motor octane number)
- Mozambique (ISO Country code)
- Men of Zimbabwe Arise
- Measurement of Ozone on Airbus In-service Aircraft
- Model of Ozone and Related Tracers (chemistry transport model)
- Mosaic Killer (original Netscape Navigator browser)
- Mazowiecki Oddzial Zandarmerii Wojskowej (Polish: Mazowiecki Oddzial Military Police Unit)
- Machine Pistol
- Machu Picchu
- Macross Plus (anime movie)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Paula Richman provides valuable insights in her paper that shows how images and characters from the Ramayana are not just confined to Kangra miniatures or Madhubani paintings, but extend to advertisements for ice-cream and soft drinks.
Shop Madhubani Paintings This ancient art form is now the state's hottest export.