The dry form of macular degeneration is more common and less severe, although people still suffer visual impairment.
What does MD stand for?
MD stands for Macular Degeneration
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MD
We have 294 other meanings of MD in our Acronym Attic
- Massachusetts Coastal Zone Management
- Minimum When Control Zone Effective
- Mazowieckie Centrum Zdrowia Publicznego (Polish: Warsaw Center for Public Health)
- Moto Club Zone Rouge (French: Motor Club Red Zone)
- Medical College of Zhengzhou (China)
- Air Madagascar (IATA airline code)
- Duration Magnitude (US Geological Survey; used to compute earthquake size based on shake time)
- Machine Dependent
- Machine Direction
- Machinery Damage (insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study of female health professionals found a 35 percent to 45 percent lower risk of visually significant age-related macular degeneration during 10 years of follow-up among those who regularly consumed fish.
Last October, the authors of the Age-Related Eye Disease Studies reported that a daily mixture of antioxidants (vitamin E, vitamin C, and beta-carotene) plus zinc slowed macular degeneration in people who already had the disease.
The relationship of dietary lipid intake and age-related macular degeneration in a case-control study: AREDS Report No.