Theoreticians predict that such an outcome is possible because of a process called macroscopic quantum tunneling, which makes possible a wholesale transformation of the condensate from a low-density gas to a higher-density state.
What does MQT stand for?
MQT stands for Macroscopic Quantum Tunneling
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MQT
We have 12 other meanings of MQT in our Acronym Attic
- Minimum Quality Standard (trade)
- Module Query System
- Mustique International Airport, St. Vincent and Grenadines (IATA code)
- Mammography Quality Standards Act of 1992
- Molecular Quantum Similarity Indices
- MQSeries Integrator (message broker)
- Molecular Quantum Similarity Measures
- Mammography Quality System Regulation
- Mammography Quality Standards Reauthorization Act
- Missouri Quad Society Watershed Task Force
- Maintainability Qualification Test (transportation)
- Manufacturing Quality Technician
- Marquette Rail (Michigan rail company)
- Marquette, MI, USA - Marquette County Airport (Airport Code)
- Materialized Query Table (SQL queries)
- Medical Qigong Therapist
- Melt Quenching Technique
- Military Qualification Test
- Mission Qualification Training
- Monadic Predicate Logic
Samples in periodicals archive:
To search for macroscopic quantum tunneling, Awschalom and his co-workers turned to a protein known as ferritin, which serves as a storehouse for iron in cells.
Washburn says he and Webb have been able to get around these difficulties, and in a series of experiments that manipulated the voltage, current and capacitances of series of SQUIDs and played up-and-down games with the energy barries, they have shown that macroscopic quantum tunneling occurs.