This enzyme prevents a glycol protein found in blood serum (called Gc protein or vitamin D binding protein) from converting into Gc macrophage activating factor (Gc-MAC; macrophages identify and gobble up foreign matter, including cancer cells).
What does MAF stand for?
MAF stands for Macrophage Activating Factor
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MAF
We have 173 other meanings of MAF in our Acronym Attic
- Ministry of Advanced Education, Training and Technology (Canada)
- Mobile Accident and Emergency Unit
- Myanmar Aerospace Engineering University (Myanmar)
- Medium Altitude Endurance Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Midwest Alternative Energy Venture Forum
- Moves All Extremities Well
- Maximum Allowable External Working Pressure
- Mid Atlantic Electronic Warfare Range
- Montana Association for the Education of Young Children
- Mac Addict Forum
- Maintenance & Administrative Facility
- Maintenance Action Form
- Majid Al Futtaim (large group of UAE based companies)
- Major Academic Field
- Major Accounts Facility
- Managed Add-in Framework
- Management Accountability Framework (Canada)
- Managing the Audit Function
- Manhour Availability Factor
- Manpower Authorization File
Samples in periodicals archive:
3] binding protein (group-specific component) to a macrophage activating factor by the stepwise action of R-galactosidase of B cells and sialidase of T cells.