New York (AirGuide - Inside Air Travel) Thu, Mar 7, 2013 US State Department has lifted an alert for US citizens visiting Peru's Machu Picchu and Cusco The US State Department has lifted a kidnapping alert for US citizens visiting Peru's Machu Picchu ruins and the surrounding Cusco region after a review of the threat.
What does MP stand for?
MP stands for Machu Picchu
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MP
We have 204 other meanings of MP in our Acronym Attic
- Marathon Gold Corp. (Toronto, Canada)
- Million Ounces (mining)
- Motoroktanzahl (German: motor octane number)
- Mozambique (ISO Country code)
- Men of Zimbabwe Arise
- Measurement of Ozone on Airbus In-service Aircraft
- Model of Ozone and Related Tracers (chemistry transport model)
- Mosaic Killer (original Netscape Navigator browser)
- Mazowiecki Oddzial Zandarmerii Wojskowej (Polish: Mazowiecki Oddzial Military Police Unit)
- Machine Pistol
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: One of the most remarkable places on earth, the 'lost city of the Incas', the ruined city of Machu Picchu in Peru, ranks with the Taj Mahal and the Great Wall of China as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Yale University has returned the last of the Machu Picchu artifacts taken by an American archeologist in the early 1900s to Peru, ending a years-long fight over some 40,000 bone fragments, pottery pieces and metals.
Turn Right at Machu Picchu Mark Adams Dutton c/o Penguin Publishing Group USA 375 Hudson St.
CATHERINE W GICHUKI DOHA EXQUISITE photographs celebrating the centenary anniversary of Machu Picchu -- an ancient Inca settlement -- is on display at the Qatar Photographic Society (QPS) exhibition hall in Katara.
Ambassador Florian (left) and some guests are seen during the opening of the Machu Picchu Photo exhibition at the QPS in Katara yesterday By Noimot Olayiwola/Staff Reporter A photographic exhibition capturing the beauty and splendour of the pre-Columbian 15th-century Inca culture site Machu Picchu in Peru got under way in Doha yesterday.