The genetic basis for Machado-Joseph disease (MJD) is an expansion of trinucleotide CAG repeat near the C terminus of gene encoding ataxin3, a cytoplasmic protein whose normal function is unknown.
What does MJD stand for?
MJD stands for Machado-Joseph Disease (also known as Spinocerebellar Ataxia type 3)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MJD
We have 12 other meanings of MJD in our Acronym Attic
- Metro Jackson Community Prevention Coalition (Jackson State University; Mississippi)
- Madison-Jefferson County Public Library
- Mi-Jack Conquest Racing
- Maison du Jeune Citoyen de Schiltigheim
- Malaysian Journal of Computer Science (est. 1985; Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology; University of Malaya; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Malibu Jewish Center & Synagogue (Malibu, CA)
- Memorandum, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Meridian Junior College Symphonic Band
- Marty Jemison Cycling Tours (Park City, UT)
- Mumbai Junior College Teachers Union (India)
- Maison de Justice et du Droit (French: House of Justice and Law; est. 1990)
- Martin J. Donnelly (antique tools and bookseller; Bath, NY)
- Maurice Jones-Drew (American football player)
- Modified Julian Date
- Mseleni Joint Disease (degenerative osteoarthropathy)
- Muslimische Jugend in Deutschland (German: Muslim Youth in Germany)
- Melbourne Jazz Dance Association (Melbourne, Australia)
- Michigan Juvenile Detention Association (Saginaw, MI)
- Modern Jive Dancers Association
- Margaret Jenkins Dance Company (San Francisco, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CAG expansions in a novel gene for Machado-Joseph disease at chromosome 14q32.
in one paper, Japanese researchers tracked the faulty gene leading to Machado-Joseph disease, which causes nerve and muscle degeneration, to chromosome 14.