I bought one (it is still in my basement) and began to explore the new world of computing with tools like MacWrite, MacPaint, MacDraw, and a Professional Bibliographic System to help create and save bibliographies.
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for MacPaint (File Name Extension)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Ma’aden Aluminum Company (Ras Az Zawr, Saudi Arabia)
- Macau (ISO Country code)
- MacConkey Agar (microbiological media)
- Macedonian (linguistics)
- Machine Address Code
- Machine Aided Cognition
- Macintosh (slang for Apple computer)
- Macomb (Amtrak station code; Macomb, IL)
- Macro (File Name Extension)
- Magazine Association of Canada
- Magnetic Accelerator Cannon (Babylon 6)
- Magnetic Anomaly Concealment
- Magnetometer Alignment Coil
- Main Automation Contractor
- Maine Athletic Conference
- Mainland Affairs Council (Taiwan)
- Mainland Aviation College (New Zealand)
- Maintaining Active Citizens (elderly care; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Decided it was an anniversary and treated myself to miniature of Macpaint stripper.
My students are most familiar with MacWrite, ReadySetGo, MacDraw, MacPaint and HyperCard," Frantz said.
MacWrite and MacPaint were the only software then available, but they were enough for short papers and exams, although I found the ten-page limit on MacWrite files pretty constraining.
The top six graphics programs our respondents use are: MacDraw, 24 percent; Adobe Illustrator, 18 percent; Aldus Freehand, 10 percent; SuperPaint, eight percent; Cricket Graphics, five percent; and MacPaint, four percent.