The MODIS cloud mask uses 19 of the 36 spectral bands to maximize cloud detection in a combination with 250 m resolution bands and 1 km pixel resolution, while the MERIS cloud detection scheme is an automatic and stand-alone method that cannot handle static thresholds (Santer et al.
What does MGVI stand for?
MGVI stands for MERIS (Medium Resolution Imaging Spectrometer) Global Vegetation Index
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Master Gardener Volunteer
- Maximum Gradient Value
- Mean Gray Value
- Mental Groove Video (UK)
- Mobile Gateway Van
- Music Gaming Video
- Market Garden Veterans Association (Holland)
- Modified Generalized Valence Bond
- Mountain Gorilla Veterinary Center
- Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Limited (India)
- Mountain Gorilla Veterinary Project (Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo)
- Managers Guide to Virtual Private Networks
- Mated Ground Vibration Test (US NASA)
- Median Growth Velocity Per Unit
- Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight (utility vehicle industry)
- (Network) Management at Gateway
- Maximum Gross Weight
- Media Gateway (3GPP)
- Mighty Games World (website)
- Mission Gross Weight (aviation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The MERIS sensor characteristics have been developed according to optically complex water properties, making it the first sensor for monitoring the multicomponental waters.
GlobCover: ESA Service for Global Land Cover from MERIS, Proceedings of IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS 2007), IEEE, pp 2412-2415, ISBN 978-1-42441211-2, Barcelona, July 2007 Badea, A.
GlobCover: ESA Service for Global Land Cover from MERIS, Proceedings of IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS 2007), IEEE, pp.
Reuters MERIS upgrades Al Watany Bank of Egypt MERIS, Middle East Rating & Investors' Service, an affiliate of Moody's Investors' Service, reviewed the National Scale Rating (NSR) of Al Watany Bank of Egypt, according to a company release.