Identification of SLC7A7, encoding y+LAT-1, as the lysinuric protein intolerance gene.
What does LPI stand for?
LPI stands for Lysinuric Protein Intolerance
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LPI
We have 163 other meanings of LPI in our Acronym Attic
- Loss Prevention Investigator
- Louisiana Pain Initiative
- Louisiana Polytechnic Institute (now Louisiana Tech University)
- Low Pressure Inflator (SCUBA)
- Low Pressure Isolation
- Low Probability of Intercept
- Low Probability of Interference
- Low-Pressure Injection
- Lumosity Performance Index (metric)
- Lunar and Planetary Institute
- LInux Professional Institute Approved Training Partner
- Low Probability of Intercept/Detection
- Lower Probability of Intercept/Lower Probability of Detection
- Labatt People in Action (Canada)
- Label Printing Industries of America
- Lembaga Pendidikan Indonesia Amerika (Indonesian: Indonesian American Education Institute; Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Libertarian Party of Iowa (political group)
- Louisiana Private Investigators Association
- Low Power on Intel Architecture
- Low Probability of Intercept Altimeter
Samples in periodicals archive:
Alternatively, there may be a defect in bone marrow-derived macrophages, as has been suggested in a case report of recurrent PAP in a patient with lysinuric protein intolerance after heart-lung transplant.
In rare cases, newborns may also suffer hyperammonemia attributable to other pathologies (6), such as organic acidemias, fatty acid oxidation disorders, congenital lactic acidosis, lysinuric protein intolerance, hepatic or renal dysfunction, Reye syndrome, certain drugs (valproate, asparaginase, fluorouracil), transient hyperammonemia in newborn, and perinatal asphyxia.